About Me

My photo
hey! My name is Kyle Cook. Recently me and my girlfriend Stephanie have had to be parted while she's working in Austria, and Me here in New york city. We thought it would be fun to keep a blog of the different meals we make since when we are together our lives are heavily influenced by cooking. Steffi is going pescaterian and gluten free right now. So she should be posting some really cool stuff. We will be posting various different recipes we have done on our own or together, as well and restaurants we have tried. This is the closest we can get to cooking together and keep that part of us alive and well. Hope you enjoy it. - k+s

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Wiener Wald

The last couple of days have been absolutely beautiful! After one entire week of cold, overcast ugliness it finally cleared up. Now its all blue skys with some specks of perky clouds, and it even warmed up enough to leave your winter coat at home.
I had been cooped up for days, dodging rain drops when I had to leave the house to run errands, so i jumped on the opportunity and went on a little hike in the vienna woods, and soaked up some sun with the family, all of this after a not so modest breakfast with my mom.

The breakfast consisted of some really great carrot apple juice, which is the only way I can deal with the taste of carrot juice. Some smoked salmon, tomato- goat cheese salad, rosemary hash browns, and my signature fried egg with basil, and of corse the corn waffles we ate because we were to lazy to go out and buy bread!

























- Steffi

No comments:

Post a Comment