About Me

My photo
hey! My name is Kyle Cook. Recently me and my girlfriend Stephanie have had to be parted while she's working in Austria, and Me here in New york city. We thought it would be fun to keep a blog of the different meals we make since when we are together our lives are heavily influenced by cooking. Steffi is going pescaterian and gluten free right now. So she should be posting some really cool stuff. We will be posting various different recipes we have done on our own or together, as well and restaurants we have tried. This is the closest we can get to cooking together and keep that part of us alive and well. Hope you enjoy it. - k+s

Monday, October 4, 2010

tomato-zucchini sauce over gluten free spagetti!



I only had a handfull of cherry tomatoes, so I decided to add some zucchini that I had left over. Zucchini has a high water content, so it was particularly good for making the sauce saucier. The only way Kyle will eat zucchini is if it has been grilled with a little olive oil, lemon and salt (which is really delicious as well). I on the other hand would happily put it in all of my meals, which of course I didn't in respect to Kyle's taste buds! Now that we dont cook together though, I have been going wild with it, putting it in everything. My fridge is pretty much stocked with them at all times!

Serves 2
1 large Zucchini (small cubes)
1 carrot (shredded)
as much tomatoes as you like (depending on what you have or how much you love them!)
three stems of scallion (finely chopped)
some parsley (finely chopped)
small amount of some young creamy goat cheese!
white wine
salt
pepper


Once you have everything chopped you could start boiling some water for the spagetti. The veggies are chopped very small, so the whole frying process should only take about 10-15 minutes.
Throw the chopped scallion in a pan with some olive oil and braise until almost through. Now toss in the carrots and cook another couple minutes.
You can add the zucchini and the tomatoes, with a splash of white wine and some salt and pepper to taste. Stir occasionaly and put on a lid to keep in some of the liquid. When the veggies seem to be getting close to through, throw in the parsley, and the goat cheese and stir. Cook just a little longer and serve over some spagetti!- Steffi



No comments:

Post a Comment