About Me

My photo
hey! My name is Kyle Cook. Recently me and my girlfriend Stephanie have had to be parted while she's working in Austria, and Me here in New york city. We thought it would be fun to keep a blog of the different meals we make since when we are together our lives are heavily influenced by cooking. Steffi is going pescaterian and gluten free right now. So she should be posting some really cool stuff. We will be posting various different recipes we have done on our own or together, as well and restaurants we have tried. This is the closest we can get to cooking together and keep that part of us alive and well. Hope you enjoy it. - k+s

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Avocados

I think it is fair to say that I am slightly obsessed with avocados. I would happily eat one for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and on top of that, it is my absolute favorite drunken food! I remember late nights in NYC where on my way home I would walk into numerous little delis looking for a ripe avocado to devour! I knew leaving NYC also meant I would have to leave all the beautiful ripe avocados they sell there. You can only buy stone hard ones here in vienna! It took mine more than a week to ripen. I ate my first one yesterday since I have been back in vienna, and although not as good as in NY, it was still pretty delicious!! Just spooned out the avi and put it on some delicious austrian dark bread with a little salt.

-Steffi

1 comment:

  1. I love avocados.I saw your blog from the foodie blog roll and I like what you have here.if you won't mind I'd love to guide Foodista readers to this post.Just add the foodista widget at the end of this post and it's all set, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete