About Me

My photo
hey! My name is Kyle Cook. Recently me and my girlfriend Stephanie have had to be parted while she's working in Austria, and Me here in New york city. We thought it would be fun to keep a blog of the different meals we make since when we are together our lives are heavily influenced by cooking. Steffi is going pescaterian and gluten free right now. So she should be posting some really cool stuff. We will be posting various different recipes we have done on our own or together, as well and restaurants we have tried. This is the closest we can get to cooking together and keep that part of us alive and well. Hope you enjoy it. - k+s

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Another Beakfast

So here's a more Fall version of a simple breakfast I like. I try to eat as seasonally as possible when I'm not stuffing my face full of cheeze-its and frozen ellios pizza. Which is amazing. But really it's pretty simple. I don't see many people eat pear, except for salads. But I think pears are my favorite fruit.  When I went to Austria this summer steffi had me try toast with butter and ramps or small baby chives on it. It was onion grass I think. But it was amazing and just the right amount of flavor. The butter in austria is incredible too. Here it's fa too processed and tasteless. But you can find good butter from farmers markets and some good bread too but nothing will compare to Austrian baked bread. I think there should be a bakery here that specializes in Austrian bread. It's much more dense and mainly dark with many types of seeds opposed to our pristine terrible white and even whole wheat. Whole wheat is the new white bread. It's really not much better for you. I think bread and tortilla wraps are very difficult and un expected to be so processed. I prefer bread with only ingredients I can pronounce and less than 8 of them.

Also freeing bread is an excellent way to keep it and use it as toast. I tend not to finish a loa within even two weeks so freezing it for some time is an excellent idea.

- k

1 comment: