About Me

My photo
hey! My name is Kyle Cook. Recently me and my girlfriend Stephanie have had to be parted while she's working in Austria, and Me here in New york city. We thought it would be fun to keep a blog of the different meals we make since when we are together our lives are heavily influenced by cooking. Steffi is going pescaterian and gluten free right now. So she should be posting some really cool stuff. We will be posting various different recipes we have done on our own or together, as well and restaurants we have tried. This is the closest we can get to cooking together and keep that part of us alive and well. Hope you enjoy it. - k+s

Sunday, October 17, 2010

polenta patties


my new favorite at the time are these delicious pre-made polenta patties. I love them, They are two something euros for two patties, and are super good accompanied by some veggies. I had some carrots left over in the fridge (I am kind of running low on groceries) as well as some sprouts, so I threw this thing together in a couple of minutes.

For one serving
3 carrots
some sprouts
polenta patty (which consists pretty much of polenta, rice flour and some seasoning)
salt
curry powder

I was to lazy to peel the carrots (I think they were organic anyways) so I just chopped them up into some chunks and threw them in a pot of boiling water. Meanwhile I started toasting the patty. After about 5-10 minutes the carrots were soft enough to puree, and I got rid of most of the water except for a tiny little bit, so the carrots are easier to puree. Go at it with a food processor or a hand held mixer, adding a little curry powder and some salt to taste, and thats really it (ginger would have been really delicious in this as well). I just placed the polenta deliciousness on top of the "carrot soup" and garnished the whole thing with some alfalfa sprouts.
-Steffi

No comments:

Post a Comment